The International Admissions reserved only for non-Thai applicants.
Chulalongkorn Official Announcement for Admission Academic Year 2023
ANNOUNCEMENT 2023 – INTERVIEW & SKILL TEST CANDIDATES
ANNOUNCEMENT 2023 – Preliminary Selection
ANNOUNCEMENT 2023 Final Selection
ANNOUNCEMENT 2023 Accepted Applicants
Instruction for accepted applicants 2023
All applicants must have completed high schools, or presently are in their final year of high schools (Mathayom 6, grade 12 in the American system or year 13 in the British system), or passed one of the high school equivalent standard tests according to the condition set by CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY (e.g. GED, IGCSE, NCEA) which can process the high school equivalency through Chulalongkorn Academic Testing Center via website www.hsces.atc.chula.ac.th or call +66 2218 3717.
Original Certificate, Transcript or Score Report must be provided for verification.
Applicants who achieve foreign high school diploma or those attending foreign high school, applicants must process the high school certificate equivalency verification via website www.hsces.atc.chula.ac.th. The process may take up to 7 business days. Therefore, please be warned that applicants need to plan the process carefully.
Please note that the evidence of high school certificate equivalency verification is one of the evidence for application.
- Applicants must register in the CommDe 2022 Online Application Site. Fill-out the application form and submit all required documents listed in the site during the application period
- Applicants must transfer 1,000 baht via bank transfer or mobile banking to account 041-8-23379-6, account name: Faculty of Architecture Chulalongkorn University (คณะสถาปัตยกรรมศาสตร์ จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย), Kasikorn Bank. In the case of transferring from an international bank account, please specify the swift code KASITHBK (account name: FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE, CHULALONGKORN UNIVERSITY).and submit the proof of payment via CommDe 2022 Online Application Site.
Application evidence checklist;
- Portrait passport photo as JPEG or PDF. The photo must show your face clearly without glasses and hat.
- PDF copy of Passport with notarized signature and state that ‘uses only for applying CommDe’
- High school certificate or High school equivalency certificate
- High school transcript
- Score report of English proficiency and Mathematic ability
- Signed ‘Request Form For Aptitude Test Application (Special Session)’
- Signed ‘CommDe Question Regarding Special Needs and Financial Support from the Programme’
- Signed ‘CommDe Admission 2022 Acknowledgement Form’
- Proof of application fee payment 1,000 THB
- Applicant’s statement of purpose
- Recommendation letter/Reference letter
- Extracurricular Experience (if any)
You can download all blank forms here.
All applicants must submit a portfolio, consisting of images of your own creative, design, and/or art works, submitted in this online application site. The portfolio must be submitted in the format outlined below
1. A portfolio, consisting of 12 works. The first 11 works should demonstrate a good variation of skills and media, such as drawing from life, experimental drawing, painting, illustration, photograph, mixed media or 3-D work, graphic design, images of spreads from sketchbook, creative crafts, digital art, series of screen shots captured from original video or animation, etc.
The last (12th) work must be an image that creatively represents the applicant’s personality in your chosen medium(except sound/moving image).
2. All 12 works must be combined into these format;
– A single PDF file contains 12 works (1 page per 1 work) and file size must not be larger than 25 MB.
– 12 JPEG files (1 file per 1 work)
3. The size of every page on the PDF file is 1920×1080 pixels.
4. At the bottom-right of each page, include the applicant’s first name and surname in English.
Failing to comply with the format specified above may result in your portfolio being rejected from this admission procedure.
This section is your ‘opportunity’ to communicate with us why you are a suitable candidate for our International Bachelor Degree in Communication Design and why you should be selected for an interview. Your personal statement, which should be written as an essay, will be considered thoroughly, along with other information you submit to us. Make sure your personal statement is your own work. We will subject your application to plagiarism. Do not be tempted to copy another person’s application materials, or download your personal statement off the Internet. There could be serious consequences to using other people’s work.
Personal statement must be submitted along in the online application.
The reference format is not compulsory.
References should be written by someone who knows you academically, preferably your head teacher, principal, appropriate teacher, or academic advisor. If you cannot obtain an academic reference, you should ask a responsible person who knows you to provide your reference. For example, your employer, training officer, careers adviser, a teacher on a recent relevant further education course, or a senior colleague in employment or voluntary work. We will not accept references from family, other relatives, friends or tutors from cram schools.
The reference can be submitted through online application site as a PDF file.
School/teachers can sent directly through email firstname.lastname@example.org
If sent directly, you can find if your reference has been sent to CommDe yet via this list.
Received references list
In case of applicants use TOEFL or SAT or Duolingo score, applicant must contact ETS or College Board or Duolingo to send applicant’s exam result through electronic channel directly to the International Program in Communication Design before filling the online application.
***In case if applicants cannot take part in any exam, please contact Chulalongkorn University Academic Testing Center, which they will open a special session for aptitude test. The score from the test can be used to apply with international programs in Chulalongkorn University***
All applicants must submit an original certificate of one of the following English test scores:
TOEFL (Paper-Based) with a minimum of 550
TOEFL (Internet-Based) with a minimum of 79
TOEFL Score Destination Code = B641 Chulalongkorn University CommDe
IELTS with a minimum of 6.0
SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing) with a minimum of 450
SAT Test Score Reporting Code = 7797 Chulalongkorn University CommDe
CU-AAT (Verbal Section) with a minimum of 400
CU-TEP (Chulalongkorn University Test of English Proficiency) with a minimum of 80.
Duolingo English test with a minimum of 110
Duolingo Test Score Reporting must be sent to Chulalongkorn University, CommDe, Faculty of Architecture.
In case of SAT/TOEFL/Duolingo, applicants must send the official score report from examination host. CommDe will only consider official score report from host as verified score.
All applicant must submit an original certificate of one of the following math test scores:
CU-AAT (Math Section) with a minimum 450
SAT (Math) with a minimum of 490
SAT Test Score Reporting Code = 7797 Chulalongkorn University CommDe
A-Level (Math) with a minimum B
A-Level (Math) Predicted grade with a minimum B
Australian Tertiary Entrance Examination (Math) with a minimum B
IB (Math) with a minimum of 5 (IB grading system)
IB (Math) Predicted grade with a minimum of 5 (IB grading system)
NCEA (Mathematics or numeracy) at level 2 or higher with at least total 4 credits and with a minimum of ‘Achieved’.
In case of SAT, applicants must send the official score report from examination host. CommDe will only consider official score report from host as verified score.
Expiring Date of Test Scores
The scores of tests can be used within only 2 years, and this must be within the last day of this application.
Annual Fee: 453,630 Baht / academic year + summer session fee
Tuition fee 1 [for the Faculty of Architecture] : 100,000 Baht / semester
Tuition fee 2 [for university] : 79,500 Baht / semester
Total 179,500 Baht / semester
[+ summer session fee for faculty 50,000 Baht for University 44,630 Baht, total 94,630 Baht, when applicable]